Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gunners, Arsenal......

Gunners... Anybody know about this gunners??? It was 1 of the Barclays Premier League team. It more known as Arsenal Football Club. It's called gunners because of the team logo. I being a fans for the club since 2001. It's was 1 of the top 4 team in England. I like this team so much. So on last night, i was planning to join the fans club at Singapore here. Below the hotel that i stay now, there is a Elizabeth Pub & Lounge dedicated to sporty Arsenal fans. There is fans club in Mlalaysia too but not official. During the March training here, i was thinking to join it. It not success until now. Last night there was a match between Arsenal and Tottenham. I know there will be live match there and the Fans club committee will be here too. The match start about 8.30 p.m. So i planning to have dinner there with Vichon and Lee. I was there around 7.20 p.m. I know there will be a lot people. I was so lucky because i was seated in front the TV. Then i went to the committee to join as member. It's need to paid $50 for annual member fee. The membership also allow to have 20% discount when having drink or food there. When almost the match start, 1 of the committee came out and inform everybody that there is a lucky draw for all fans.

He mention that anyone interested to join can drop down name and put it to 1 box that ready. I wasn't put my name it because i think is for Singaporean only. Then the match start. Everybody was cheering around. I never watching a football match so happy and excited. The match ended Arsenal win 3-0. Its was a really happy day but the happy and luck is not ended.

Now is the time everybody waiting. The lucky draw time. Ops, sorry. Just now not yet mention what's the prize for the lucky draw. It was a Arsenal ball with Arsenal player signature. I really oping that i can join the lucky draw, but unfortunately i was not Singaporean. Before the first prize draw, there is 3 consolation prize. After the 3 consolation prize, is was the time that everyone waiting for the whole night. They draw out the name. It was starting with 'C'. Will it be Chen Farn Wei?? I know it won't because i did not put my name in. I forgot what name he call, but he never show up. Then everybody shouting to redraw again. They draw again. This time is 'C' again. He ask whose name start with 'C', everyone raise up their hand. Then finally they call the name out. Is Chen Farn Wei. I was so surprise. 1 of the committee know me because he produce the membership for me. Then i stand up and head to the prize there. The committee ask is it i am an Arsenal fans. I reply of course i am. Then he ask again which player i like the most? I answer is Fabregas. Then before i can get the prize i have to answer i question. The question is what jersey number did Fabregas wearing before this. Its was quite simple but i really can't answer it. My head is empty because its was really so happy and unable to think. Everybody was booing me. Hahahah, then the guy ask another question. He ask who is the player transfer from Arsenal to Tottenham. I keep silence then everyone start to boo again. I suppose can answer this question. The whole night i was talking about Bentley who is the player who tansfer from Arsenal to Totteham. The the guy helping me by telling me to answer Sol Camphel. Then i manage to get the ball. I was really happy and sure this will be my most sweet memories in Singapore......




Arsenal home at Singapore




Everybody cheering when leading 1-0




i almost close eye then he take the picture....




Leading 2-0




Happy day...




Nice ball




Ball and polo T

No comments:

Post a Comment